Monday, October 24, 2011

End of Read-a-Thon Meme

1.Which hour was most daunting for you?
At around 10PM I was feeling very tired, so I decided to take a nap, but it lasted until 3AM. I then got up and continued to read(listen) until 8AM.


2.Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I spent most of my time listening to The Pillars of the Earth which was awesome even though this is a reread for me. But the narrator is phenomenal - John Lee. This is my first experience with his narrating. It won't be my last.

3.Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I think it's already perfect.

4.What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The cheerleaders are excellent. It was so encouraging to read their cheers!

5.How many books did you read?
I didn't actually complete any book, but I made a huge dent in The Pillars of the Earth.

6.What were the names of the books you read?

The Pillars of the Earth - by Ken Follett; narrated by John Lee
  • listened for a total of 12 hours and 51 mins.
The Autobiography of Henry VIII - by Margaret George
  • read 21 pages.

7.Which book did you enjoy most?
The Pillars of the Earth

8.Which did you enjoy least?
I enjoyed both, but I had to drive for most of the day, so the audiobook was the apparent choice.

9.If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I would like to be a cheerleader next year!

10.How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I will definitely participate next year as both a reader and a cheerleader.

No comments:

Post a Comment