Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Reading Plans for January 2012

I want to focus more on goals for each month and it will help me to end the year with most of the books I wanted to read finished. Time marches on and there are so many books I want to read, so a plan is the right step for me. I still want to read long books and not worry that I haven't read enough for the year and I will enjoy each book as it comes. And if that means I have to go back and reread or relisten to a portion, I will do it. It's not a race, but a pleasant jog through literature. These choices can change, but will help when I end up procrastinating not knowing which book to choose next. Most of the time I will just grab a non-fiction title because I find it easier to begin. I will try to change this with a monthly list. For now, I'm shooting for 6 titles per month which will get me to 72 total for the year. I think this is a more modest approach for me at this time. I would like at some point to read around 100 books per year and I will get there one of these years!

The Night Circus (audiobook) by Erin Morgenstern
The Myth of "Bloody Mary": A Biography of Queen Mary I of England by Linda Porter
A Clash of Kings (audiobook) by George R.R. Martin
A Thousand Pleasant Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell
His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman

No comments:

Post a Comment